1. Sweeping generalisations of an entire age group based on poor scholarship. (see: digital natives)
2. Judgmental articles blaming Millennials for problems created by earlier generations.
3. Criticism of Millennials asking for (legal) fair pay and hours.
4. Being labelled as a selfish and apathetic generation when actually being engaged with global social issues.
5. Being called Millennials. Seriously. We hate it.
This post was inspired by a conversation with Ned Potter on Twitter about that awful article criticising Millennials for daring to have a work/life balance. As a supposed Millennial (urgh) myself, I am also aware how negative stereotypes can affect how we interact with members of this generation in our services, whether intentionally or otherwise. So I hope this post made you chuckle but also reflect. Thanks.